We are growing! Shalom Farms seeks a full-time Development Coordinator to support all aspects of our fund development and marketing efforts. This position will report to the Director of Development and provide critical support to a wide range of donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies.
- An excellent communicator that enjoys working independently and collaboratively
- Passionate about storytelling
- Someone that loves data, details, and creative design
- Committed to social justice and racial equity
Shalom Farms is:
- A small nonprofit organization driven by collaborative processes, curiosity, and relationships.
- Passionate about addressing the complex nature of food access issues, committed to understanding the systemic causes of injustice, and dedicated to bringing about meaningful change.
- Committed to building a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities where we work, partner, and serve. We believe that diversity and equity among our teammates is critical to our success as an organization and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Those most affected by food access issues remain significantly underrepresented in our work and in our sector, and we strongly encourage applicants from traditionally marginalized and underrepresented groups.
- Implement and maintain best practices that underpin an effective, efficient fundraising program with an emphasis on data integrity, gift processing, donor acknowledgements, and financial reporting.
- Work with colleagues across the organization to create and coordinate ongoing marketing and communication efforts to meaningfully share the impact of our work through print and digital platforms, including social media.
- Help bring our signature events to life by assisting with the planning, promotion, and execution of two large-scale fundraising events per year.
- Manage a robust grants calendar to ensure that all applications and reporting requirements are submitted on time. Assist with the research, writing, and editing of more than two dozen grants per year.
- Represent Shalom Farms at various community events, when appropriate.
Preferred Experience and Other Qualifications
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail, organization, and project management skills
- Ability to track, meet, and maintain a variety of deadlines
- Ability to handle confidential information with sensitivity
- Ability to authentically communicate with humility across lines of difference, particularly racial, ethnic, and economic.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Suite (Gmail, Google Drive)
- Familiarity with fundraising, marketing, event planning, grant writing, or similar fields.
- Familiarity with donor databases is preferred (Little Green Light)
- Familiarity with social media and digital communication platforms (WordPress, Canva, MailChimp, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
Compensation and Hours:
This is a full time salaried position with a starting salary of $40,000, generous employer-paid health coverage of a high-quality zero or low-deductible plan, generous PTO, and 401k matching. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Shalom Farms supports and encourages voluntary temporary telecommuting arrangements for duties conducive to working from home.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter, resume, and 2-3 references to Lynne Wachter at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 15, 2021.