Healthy Corner Store Intern
We seek one Healthy Corner Store Intern to assist the Healthy Retail Manager and other program staff in facilitating all Richmond Healthy Corner Store Initiative activities, to include regular deliveries, nutrition outreach and education activities and other programs related tasks. The Intern will work 10 to 20 hours a week (hours are negotiable).
• assist with produce deliveries to Healthy Corner Stores
• maintaining/managing healthy retail space in stores (upkeep, setting up marketing
materials, cleaning, etc.)
• opportunity for community engagement and health education at store events
Additional responsibilities could include:
• graphic design – produce labels, outreach flyers, store signage
• assistance with text message and/or social media outreach and engagement (developing content, scheduling messages, recruiting participants at store events, inputting customer information)
• farm-based work if desired
The ideal candidate should have experience volunteering or working in diverse community-based settings, the ability and willingness to confront challenging issues of inequity and discrimination in Richmond food systems and communities at large, familiarity and/or resident of neighborhoods where Shalom Farms programming is located, including neighborhoods in the East End, North Side, and South Side of Richmond. Internship opportunities are available for Spring/Summer (June through August) and Fall (September through November).
• Able to lift 40 pounds
• Flexible, Creative and Humble
• Possess a can-do-attitude
• Perform well in diverse work settings
• Must be available Tuesdays and Fridays
Applications submitted by April 15th will receive priority. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to KC Whitsett at email@example.com Questions can be directed to KC via email, or by phone at 804-266-1914.