The Program Coordinator will manage our innovative fruit and vegetable prescription programs, called the “Prescription Produce Plan” and “Kitchen Clinic”, focused on increasing access to low-risk opportunities to try new types of produce, providing food skills education, and information to support healthy eating. The Prescription Produce Plan (PPP) and Kitchen Clinic programs engage 10-15 households at a time in 10-12 week health programs centered on increasing consumption of fresh produce and developing skills around healthy eating. While responsible for program development and delivery, the Program Coordinator works collaboratively with the Program Director, Shalom Farms staff, and community partners in the implementation and evaluation of programmatic activities. As needed, the Program Coordinator will also support food skills education and food demos through other Shalom Farms programs, including our Mobile Market and Healthy Corner Store Initiative.
Shalom Farms seeks to create a work environment and organizational culture that reflects the society and community in which it is located and a climate for the success of every employee by appreciating the uniqueness that each one brings to the workplace. In a continuing effort to enrich its work environment and program delivery,Shalom Farms actively encourages applications from members of minority groups underrepresented in the field.
This position reports directly to the Program Director.
- Food Skills Education Program Planning and Recruitment – Develop and schedule program activities in accordance with program design, goals, and funding limitations.
- Program implementation – Implement, manage, and monitor programming to meet desired outcomes. Develop and effectively manage program timelines to ensure timely completion of program deliverables.
- Collaborate with the Program Director on program monitoring and evaluation
- Help manage interns as it relates to PPP
- Maintain knowledge of current concepts and best practices relevant to the work of the position
- As needed, work with staff, interns, and partners to organize and facilitate community events and programs.
- Assist other staff members with collaborative projects as needed (other duties)
The Program Coordinator position requires compassion, creativity and flexibility as well as excellent interpersonal, organizational, and strategic skills and a passion for food justice work.
- Comfort and passion for preparing and sharing fresh produce, among other food prep skills
- Integrity, empathy and cultural competency required
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated flexibility and comfort in working with diverse populations
- Demonstrated commitment to working for social justice.
- Knowledge of and comfort with adult learner and alternative educational methods.
- Ability to teach students of diverse abilities, ages, and backgrounds and overcome barriers to success in a multi-level setting
- Creative, strategic and analytical thinker with the ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Must have strong and polished interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Self-starter who is able to function without daily supervision.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with two or more years experience in one or more of the following fields: community health/public health, education, nutrition, social work, and agriculture.
- Knowledge of principles and practices related to nutrition, food access and food justice work
- Experience working with diverse groups, including ability to reach across racial, ethnic, generational, socioeconomic, rural/urban and denominational lines.
- The ideal candidate will have previous supervisory experience in a community-based organization.
Requirements: – drivers license – personal vehicle – ability to drive 15-passenger van – ability to lift 50 lbs – ability to periodically work evenings or weekends – proficiency in Spanish a plus – Must be ServSafe certified or willing to obtain upon hire, with support from Shalom Farms.
We offer a competitive salary with benefits.
To apply for this position, please send cover letter, resume, and 2-3 references to Lynne Wachter at email@example.com This position is open until filled, and applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Start date likely April 2018.